Tuesday, April 7, 2009

How to Slow Down?

Sixteen hours. That's how much time we have to work with if we're getting a proper amount of sleep every day. How do you divide your time up?

Most of us start with our list of "to-do's" and go from there, but what if you are trying to live a healthy, balanced life?

Do you have time for exercise, the kind that gets your heart pumping?

Do you have time to walk to the store instead of hopping in the car?

Do you have time to prepare meals from scratch and eat them around the table with your family?

Do you have time to alternate physical labor with desk work?

Do you have time for stretching, yoga, and massage?

Why not?

I should have time, but I don't seem to be able to do all of those things every day. I'm in my car way too much these days, for one thing. I do make all my meals from scratch and eat with my family daily, but physical work? Not often. As for stretching....it's the first thing to fall off the list.

I have high hopes that someday I'll be the ultimate serene, healthy, glowing individual that will have it all together. Maybe when I'm 70.

How about you? Have you found serenity? Are you living a healthy life?

No comments: