Saturday, October 25, 2008

What Have I Accomplished?

It's time for a quick refresher before I post some more before and after pictures. What have I learned so far?

The Good

1. I have halved my possessions in about half the rooms of my house.

2. I have halved the amount of trash I take to the curve, simply by cooking more from scratch and not buying as much.

3. I have halved the amount I spend on gas for my car. The first month I bought no gas at all. The second month I only filled up once.

The Bad

1. After saving a goodly amount on my first month's groceries I went way over budget this month.

2. I haven't figured out how to curb my desire to spend money on things AT ALL.


Remember that the goal of this exercise is to have fewer possessions and fewer basic bills so I have more money and time to spend on DOING things.

That is the goal, that is the goal, that is the goal.....

The goal is NOT to drive myself insane.

Okay, I think we're all caught up.

No comments: