Saturday, January 31, 2009

We Did It!

Congratulations, everyone - it's January 31st! We made it through the toughest month of the year (for me, anyway)!

Next month is February. I'm going to focus on one serious topic - budgets, and one that's just as serious but far more fun - love.



I don't think it's possible for a family to downsize without budgeting. A budget, for all its bad reputation, is just a tool that allows you to get control of your money. It gives you choices. It gives you power.

Love can also be a tool of sorts. You can use it as a lever to lift yourself or others out of a hole. You can use it as a blanket or a medicine to heal those who have been hurt. You can use it as a shovel to fill in chasms between you and your enemies. It's good to have in your arsenal.



In thirteen days I turn forty and you know what happens when women like me hit milestone birthdays like this: we shake things up. Big time. I'm looking forward to a very stellar year. I hope you are, too.

No comments: