Saturday, October 11, 2008

Decreasing Desire

Hmmm....that sounds vaguely sexual, doesn't it?

I'm not talking about that kind of desire. I'm talking about the "I wants". If you are anything like me your day is filled with "I wants" and "I needs" and unfortunately they have nothing to do with a nice roll in the hay.

Those wants and needs have everything to do with the fifty-million things that seem necessary to get through your life. This week those "wants/needs" included $60 jazz dance shoes for my daughter, and $85.00 worth of aerobics/dance DVDs for me. They've included milk, sour cream, eggs, chips, soda and more in preparation for guests coming over. Money is flowing through my fingers and stuff is flowing into my house.

I'm coming to the conclusion that if we really want to tackle our "stuff", we first have to tackle the way we arrange our days. Back in August when I had lots more time, I found it much easier to keep hold of my money. Now that I'm running around like a crazy woman, it's much harder.

Not surprisingly, back in August I seemed to have way more time and energy for those "rolls in the hay", too.

I guess I am talking about that kind of desire, after all!

No comments: