Monday, September 22, 2008

The Biggest Savings Yet


I wish I could take credit for this discovery, but I can't. My kids are the ones who found it. Did you know you can buy ink in large containers and fill your printer cartridges all by yourself?

My kids spent about $50.00 on a bottle of ink that should provide them with 200 refills. If they buy a new printer cartridge at Wal-Mart, it costs them $15.00.

$15.00 to buy a cartridge......$.25 to refill a cartridge.....

That's a heck of a lot more than halving, my friend! Over the course of 200 refills, they'll save $2,950!

That's a lot of packaging that won't end up in our trash, too.

1 comment:

my5wolfcubs said...

Does this work for Canon printers?? I will have to look into it. I might actually be willing to print in color if it was economical & (nearly) waste free!
Lee