Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ummmm, Houston - We Have A Problem

I'm smart. I have the SAT scores to prove it. But once in awhile life hands me a clear example of how my book smarts way overshadow my "life" smarts. This is one of those times.

I have approximately 25 plastic bags filled with books sitting in my livingroom right now. I have four full large trash bags ready to go to Goodwill and three more to go to the consignment store.

And no car.

Oh, it's sitting there, smirking, in my driveway, but I've pledged not to use it for anything for 30 days. Now what?

Is it cheating if my husband takes it all away? How about if I call Goodwill to come and get it? It feels like cheating.

I looked up those old-fashioned grocery carts - something like this:



But you can tell just by looking at them what a pain in the butt they'd be to push. What I need is some sort of new, trendy, hip push-cart - something designed like a jogger stroller but with a basket instead of a seat. I don't have a problem being weird (ask anyone) - I was an early adopter of both the side-by-side double jogger stroller and I pushed four-seater and six-seater strollers all around Santa Cruz before anyone else did. I'm used to funny stares.

But where do I find such a thing? I'm off to do some research. Meanwhile my house looks like the local dump. Sigh.

Update: Well, here's the closest thing I've found to what I'm looking for: it's called a Grocery Go Getter



I'm kicking myself for consigning my last jogger stroller two years ago. It would have made a great base for a cart. Maybe I'll stop by the consignment store downtown today and see if I can get a deal on one.

No comments: