Saturday, February 7, 2009

Halving My Gas Bill

I want to point out that I've made a change on the site. I used to post how much money I spent on gas per month, but that really didn't make any sense: the price of gas is all over the place and $50 buys me a heck of a lot more now than it did four months ago.

So I've posted the odometer reading in the right hand column, and I will update it weekly. During these cold months I use the car fairly often. As soon as it warms up and stays lighter, longer, we will all get back to walking and riding bikes. It will be interesting to see how my weekly totals compare.

Of course, the biggest difference will come because last year I drove 6,000 miles to New York and back. This year I'm staying home. I think I halved my gas budget right there.

Feb. 4, 2009: 111,231
Feb. 10, 2009: 111,432 (201 miles)

No comments: