Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Owl Waits For No Man (Or Just Say 'Yes'!)

We had a lovely walk yesterday but we didn't find any owls. We waited too late and he wasn't out there, and I spent much of the walk kicking myself for not going the previous day when he was hooting his little heart out.



It just goes to show that when someone asks you to do something fun (like finding owls) just say "Yes"! My excuse is that I was already on my way to doing something fun (lunch with my husband), but there are lots of times when I'm just too lazy to take people up on their offers.

I've resolved to change that this year. I'm going to try to say "yes" much more than "no." I've resolved to stop being such a scaredy-cat and a stick-in-the-mud.

I find that he world has a way of rushing to meet you whenever you put aside your inhibitions and take a step toward it. In the past twenty-four hours I've had two "strangers" make offers to me that have left me smiling. One offered a book and one offered a pair of speakers for my computer so I could hear a song they wanted to share. How beautiful is that?

I'm off to get started with my day. Now practice with me: "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

No comments: