Tuesday, December 30, 2008

What Is Local Living?

I've decided to redefine local living.

Sure, it includes my town and everything within about a five mile radius from my home - the distance I can easily walk or bike to during daily life.

But it also includes everywhere I can go online while I sit at my computer. That means the entire internet can become part of my local economy....as long as all the products and services I exchange with others over it remain electronic.

Why does this concept excite me?

Because the internet can provide me information, community, entertainment, music, theatre, television and on and on....things I may not be able to find in my small town. In other words, my local existence doesn't have to be a limited existence. That seems pretty important to me.

No comments: