Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My Home Gym

Here's a cool thing about halving your possessions. You end up with extra space. In some cases, lots of extra space. So I moved the furniture in my bedroom around to create a home gym for myself.



My home gym is very simple. It consists of a rug, a mirror (the mirrored doors of my closet - how "80s"! How wonderful!!!), two sets of handweights (5 lb and 7 lb), the book Om Yoga by Cyndi Lee, the book Tank Top Arms, Bikini Belly, Boy Shorts Bottom by Minna Lessig, ten workout videos, a small television and DVD player.



That's it! It's a personal, private, comfortable place to do yoga, exercises, meditation and dance. Just what I always dreamed of!

My daily exercise regimen includes one yoga routine (about 20 minutes), either a weights routing plus a one mile jog (30-45 minutes) or an exercise video or two (30 - 45 minutes), plus a walk (45 minutes - an hour). The walk gets plugged into my regular day - taking kids to activities, going grocery shopping, etc.

Will I be able to maintain this? We'll see. But one of the reasons I've worked so hard at "halving" was to have enough time for a healthy amount of exercise in my life.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: