Monday, December 15, 2008

I'm Growing, I'm Growing!

Older and wiser, that is.

And my dh is growing vegetables!

After four months, I decided it was time to share my dream of "Halving It All" with my family.



That's right; I hadn't told my family yet I was doing this. Oh, I hinted around some about it, and they did notice when I got rid of half the books, but I never sat down and filled them in on the big picture. Why? First, because I'm a control freak and the minute you tell someone else about your project they start...infringing....on it. Second, because I knew my family is capable of going even crazier than I do about these things.

So today we discussed gardening (and mini-houses, but that's a whole other topic). Dh has said that he'll go crazy with gardening this year. We will try to eat as much homegrown produce as possible. We will then aim to eat as much locally grown produce. Failing that, we'll buy BC grown produce at the grocery stores. Only after all other options are exhausted will we buy the regular stuff. We should eat healthier and save a little money. We will split the money we save.

Of course this will all be carefully documented. I'm off to do a little research right now!

I'm excited about getting dh involved because dh is a mastermind at frugality. Plus I've been dying for home grown tomatoes!

1 comment:

Jenne in AZ said...

Good for you! It is hard to share an idea this big, but it is so much fun to have company on the journey.

Good luck with the garden!

Jenne in CA (used to be in AZ)